The French Bulldog is the miniature version of the Bulldog. As such, they share a lot of similar characteristics, like their strong build and muscular body, but on a smaller, cuter level. French Bulldogs stand only about a foot tall at the shoulders, with females weighing between 16-24 pounds and males weighing 20-28 pounds. Due to their small size, getting the best dog beds for French Bulldogs is a bit easier, since you don’t have to worry about if they can fit inside or if there’s enough room in a small apartment or dwelling.
It is really important to get a dog bed that your French Bulldog loves. They are free-thinkers and love to march to the beat of their own drum. So, if your Bulldog currently likes to sleep on the couch or bed, they may decide to dig in their heels if you force them to move. You need to find a dog bed that really appeals to them to make them leave their old territory and move into a new one.
The dog bed you select for your French Bulldog must not only be comfortable, but it should be relaxing and cool. They do not like the heat, and can easily overheat on a sunny day. The bed should be open and exposed to lots of air, and placed in an area of the house with good airflow. A bed with an open design also lets them feel more connected to people or other pets near them, since they are highly social animals who crave attention.
Best Dog Beds for French Bulldogs – What to Look For
When shopping for the best dog beds for French Bulldogs, there are some key considerations to keep in mind. Of course, there are the basics, such as the cost of the bed, how comfortable it is, and if your dog can fit in the bed. However, each dog breed has their own quirks, and with the French Bulldog in mind, we believe you should get a dog bed with the following features:
- Waterproof: This is a nice feature to have in general, in case your dog suffers from incontinence or is still being potty trained. But French Bulldogs specifically tend to drool a lot, and you don’t want their slobber soaking all the way down into the foam.
- Hair-Resistant: Though they are not particularly hairy, their coat sheds quite a bit and a dog bed cover that doesn’t allow hair to cling onto it is essential when you are cleaning up.
- Odor-Resistant: In addition to the drooling, French Bulldogs have a flatulence problem. It is preferable if the dog bed you purchase does not let bad odors cling onto its material, or at the very least, the bed cover should be easily removable and machine washable.
We evaluated the dog beds in this review using the criteria listed above. Each dog bed we cover has many positive ratings from buyers, and we checked customer feedback to see if the bed truly lives up to its claims. We perused customer reviews for the downsides of each bed to see if it is a deal-breaker or not, of if there are any pitfalls that you can avoid. Without further ado, here are the best dog beds for French Bulldogs on the market today.
Best Dog Beds for French Bulldogs Review
JOYELF Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
The JOYELF memory foam dog bed has been designed with comfort in mind. The bottom pad is the perfect blend of being soft, yet firm enough to provide support for even aging dogs suffering from joint pain or arthritis. The bolsters provide a place for your French Bulldog to rest his head for a comfortable night’s rest.
High-quality materials were used to make this bed durable, with many customers saying the bed has survived against repeated digging and chewing. The waterproof bottom pad will protect against any dog’s excessive drooling, and the cover can be easily removed and machine washed. Customers report the bed as being slightly smaller than advertised.
- High-quality memory foam provides comfort even to aging dogs
- Bolsters provide comfort and support to head and neck
- Waterproof base keeps foam protected
- Slightly smaller than advertised
- There may be a smell when you first receive the bed
K9 Ballistics Tough Round Orthopedic Dog Bed
K9 Ballistics is well-known for making some of the toughest beds on the market. It is not surprising to see that this bed is chew-resistant and scratch-resistant to deal with even the most hyperactive, unruly dogs. The orthopedic foam provides great support overall, relieving pressure points and contouring to the shape of your dog’s body for total comfort.
The open design makes it really easy to provide good air flow and a cool resting area for your dog on a hot, sunny day. You don’t have to worry about the bed flattening because the mattress is firm, yet forgiving. With its water-resistant, machine washable cover, you can avoid the frustration of cleaning up and just toss it into the washing machine.
- Water-resistant for dogs who drool and “accidents”
- Foam mattress provides lots of comfort and support
- Extremely durable, your dog will give up from exhaustion
Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed
On a hot, summer day your dog will absolutely love the Coolaroo elevated dog bed. The raised design and mesh material means maximum air flow is being provided from all sides of the bed. Specifically, the material is a fabric made out of high density polyethylene which will prevent hot spots from building up. It is also resistant to mold, mildew, mites, and fleas.
The entire bed can be easily cleaned by taking it outside and hosing it down. Just leave it out to dry. The bed frame is made of a strong, powder-coated steel frame that can withstand pets of all sizes, and the weight of a little French Bulldog should be no problem. If the cover breaks, you can purchase replacements for just $9, though customers report this bed is durable so it’s nice to know you have that option if you need it.
- Highly affordable
- Provides unbeatable air flow and cooling in the summer
- Easy to wash and dry
- Covers are cheap and easy to replace if needed
- The screws on the frame require occasional tightening
- Will need to clean the area beneath the bed, as dirt and other debris can fall through